Translate

5/14/2016

Unpacking Like I'm Packing

I'm still moving back into my room at home from college; every day is a specific project, and yesterday's was clothes. In reorganizing my closet, I moved all T-shirts to a drawer in my dresser. But how would I fit all these shirts in a reasonable way?

Well, I'm sure you've all heard about that travel tip to roll your clothes to fit everything better in your suitcase? I've tried it, and didn't see that much of a difference for a handful of clothing items. But for 24 shirts? Absolutely.




For the below picture, I will be referring to the rows in letters (A-D), and the columns in numbers (1-5).


 20 shirts comfortably fit in the drawer, and I was able to organize them by use, so I know exactly which shirt is which, and won't have to destroy the organization every time I grab a shirt.

The back row, Row A, is the shirts I wear the least but still want to keep and have readily available. For Rows B-D, Columns 1 and 2 are shirts from high school - I typically don't wear these, but maybe if I'm taking my dog on a walk or lounging. Column 3 is for college shirts (Honors program and Homecoming). The two shirts in Column 4 (Rows B and C) are Doctor Who shirts. And the sea of red in the corner is for the American Heart Association.


The shirts I rolled up aren't my go-to tees, but the four folded on top are: a college activities shirt, two Ed Sheeran tour shirts, and Smith & Wesson.

I would highly recommend converting this travel tip if you have a lack of storage in your home, or just a lot of clothes. Other methods intended for travel to use at home (Note: I have not tried these - yet) may include the following:

  • Keep bobby pins in a recycled Tic-Tac container, or something similar
  • Label cabinets or storage boxes (rather than taking inventory of your luggage)
    • if you have baskets inside a cabinet (e.g. spices, medicine bottles, etc.), tape a list to the inside of the cabinet door with your organization tactic
  • Any others?

No comments:

Post a Comment