Translate

12/24/2017

Reese's PB Cup Pie | A recipe

I don't bake often, but when I do, I guess I volunteer to do dessert for the family Christmas party and then decide I'm going to make three. I don't know what I'm trying to prove, or why I thought this was a good idea, but it actually turned out really well and wasn't too hard at all.

Make sure to take breaks in between desserts so you don't start to hate baking altogether!

One of the recipes I made was a Reese's pie that was a variant of this recipe here. Due to my inability to consume products with high amounts of lactose, such as whipped cream, I had to adapt the recipe to fit my dietary restrictions and shopping abilities; it worked for me so I thought I'd share it with y'all.



Thanks to The Novice Chef for this recipe!

INGREDIENTS

> 1 graham pie crust
> possibly 24 unwrapped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
> 1 cup creamy peanut butter
> 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
> 1/2 cup powdered sugar
> 1 small jar Hershey's hot fudge topping

DIRECTIONS

1. Before you start the pie filling, place as many whole Reese's cups as you can in a single layer on the bottom of the pie crust.
2. In a medium bowl, soften the cream cheese with the back of a spoon. Add the powdered sugar and peanut butter. Beat until smooth.
3. With a spatula, fill the pie with the peanut butter mixture; smooth to the edges.
4. Heat the hot fudge for 1 minute using a microwave. You may need to stir; I did not. Spoon it onto the pie and spread, leaving very little of the peanut butter mixture showing.
5. Before the fudge cools, break Reese's cups over the pie and place them in the fudge. Continue until satisfied; I filled the whole pie.
6. Refrigerate until serving (not recommended over 24 hours, as per The Novice Chef).

TESTIMONIALS

"If I go into a diabetic coma, just know that this is how I wanted to go."

"This is excellent."

"That peanut butter thing is f***ing delicious. I could eat the whole thing."

"It's really rich, but really good."

--

The other two desserts I made are linked here (Oreo Cheesecake Bites) and here (Chocolate Chip Banana Bread); I more or less followed the recipes exactly, except that I added way more chocolate chips than called for to the bread because "less is more" doesn't apply to chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment