Translate

11/09/2016

I hurt for this country | A response

The sadness and disappointment today was tangible. I have lost all faith in this country as a people; you have voted for a man who has stolen the safety of so many. My heart hurts. I hurt for my safety as a woman. I hurt for my friends' safety as POC, women, LGBTQIA+, etc. and all combinations. I hurt as a woman who has so much acceptance and peace and love in her heart; I feel crushed by the men who now represent America.
 
I want everyone who now fears for their future to know that I will be here. To cry with you. To hold your hand. To make sure you know you are not alone.
 
We are about to enter a four-year period of hatred. If we make it out of that, we can make it out of anything. I may have lost my faith in the American people, but I will not lose my faith in love. I will not lose my belief that peace and love is the right path. If anything, we must love harder - out of spite.
I have an obligation to respect the title of the presidency and vice-presidency. But I do not respect these men as individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment